7 Amp Kit - Ford Clev. & 385 BB, Carby, N.A.
SMALL or LARGE Distributor, Controller, Leads & Coil
7 AMP Street Kit - Ford Cleveland & 385 Big Block V8, carburettor, N.A.
The ICE 7 AMP Street Series Ignition kit suits the Ford Cleveland & 385 Big Block V8 running a carburettor with no forced induction or nitrous. This kit is ideal for most street driven cars and can also be used with electronic carburettors that control air and fuel only, as long as they don't control engine timing.
The ICE Ignition "Digital Inductive Spark" technology delivers the most powerful spark and longest duration of any ignition system on the market. More spark means greater tuneability which leads to improved performance.
The ALL NEW ICE Ignition 7 AMP Street Series Control Box
The ICE Ignition 7050MV Street Series Control Box, part of the new range of controllers from ICE Ignition features the following.
- 16 Pre-programmed ignition curves - The push-button selectable curves enables total timing adjustment in real-time. It eliminates the need for distributor re-graphing when engine upgrades are introduced. It allows you to adjust total timing for changes in fuel quality.
- Vacuum Advance Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor - The MAP sensor detects when your engine is cruising and instantly advances timing to deliver improved fuel efficiency. Use of the MAP sensor is optional, it will not impact on the ignition's ability to deliver the maximum spark.
The ICE Ignition controller must be mounted inside your car. Do not mount it inside your engine bay. ICE Ignition strongly recommends the use of NON-RESISTOR Spark Plugs.
What's in the ICE Ignition Kit?
This ignition kit includes the following
- 7050MV Controller - 16 pre-defined push-button selectable timing curves & Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor.
- ICE Ignition Billet Distributor - The ICE Ignition Distributor uses a “Hall Effect Sensor” to communicate with the ICE Control Box. It will not work unless it's connected to an ICE Control Box. Please select from the following options:
- Engine Camshaft – The is MOST important, please select the camshaft type from the options list. If you are unsure please call us on 1300 722 580.
- LARGE or SMALL Cap Distributor - A "No Cost" option of a SMALL (4" diameter) or LARGE (5" diameter) Cap Distributor. We always recommend a LARGE Cap Distributor if you have the available space. It uses a Heavier-Duty Rotor Button and the post spacing is further apart reducing the risk of crossfire.
- ICE Ignition Pro 100 9 mm Leads / Plug Wires - Please select from the following "No Cost" Options:
- ICE Ignition 9FOR803 Pro 100 9 mm finished lead set - Fitment is AROUND THE VALVE COVERS. If a different lead fitment is required please call us.
- ICE Ignition 9MMPGU Pro 100 9 mm DIY set - A partially finished lead set with the spark plug end terminated and the boots fitted. The leads are cut extra-long. Lead crimpers are required, they are available as an option.
- ICE Ignition 4200 Pro Series Race Coil - With twice the energy of a standard coil the ICE Ignition 4200 Coil is the ideal coil for naturally aspirated engines.
- Wiring Loom - The ICE Ignition wiring loom is approximately 2 metres long, is easy to install and the included instructions detail the required vehicle connection points.
* You will save money by not having to re-graph your distributor every time you upgrade your engine.
* More spark and duration delivers greater tuneability leading to improved performance.
* MAP sensor delivers improved fuel economy under cruising conditions.
* Avoid engine pinging scenarios through bad fuel by instantly adjusting your engine's timing.
|Engine Type:||All Ford Clev V8's including 385 BB|
|Air Delivery:||Naturally Aspirated engines|
|Controller:||7 AMP Street Series|
|Controller Features:||16 curves & MAP Sensor|
|Wiring Loom:||Included, approx 2 meters long|
|Distributor Diameter:||Approx 4"|
|Distributor Triggering:||Hall Effect Sensor|
|Distributor Shaft:||4130 Chromoly|
|Distributor Gear:||Cast Iron gear for flat tappet cam|
|Distributor Cap Type:||HEI / MALE Post|
|Dist. Plug Wire Retainer:||Included|
|Spark Plug Boot Type:||30 Degree Pistol Grip|
|Ignition Lead Diameter:||9 mm|
|Coil Type:||ICE Ignition 4200 Coil|
|Lead / Plug Wire fitment:||Around the Covers|
|Lead Markers & install tool:||Included|
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Gear Campus Pty. Ltd. users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.