7 Amp 2 STEP - 69-87 Holden 253 to 308, Carby, N.A.
FREE ICE 2316 VOLTAGE BOOSTER WITH THIS KIT, $275 VALUE
7 AMP 2 STEP Kit - 1969-87 Holden 253 to 308, N.A.
This ICE Ignition kit suits the 253 to 308 Holden V8 engines running a carburettor with no forced induction or nitrous. It is the ideal kit for most street and race engines. If you have a roller cam engine please call us on 1300 722 580.
The ICE Ignition "Digital Inductive Spark" technology delivers the most powerful spark and longest duration of any ignition system on the market. More spark means greater tuneability which ultimately leads to improved performance.
FREE ICE 2316 Voltage Booster
Included with our ICE Ignition Kits to suit Carburettored engines is the ICE Ignition 2316 Voltage Booster. Capable of delivering 16 volts regardless of the quality of your car's electrical system the ICE Ignition 2316 Voltage Booster is a simple "Plug & Play" device. Just plug it into the ICE Ignition wiring loom and the Voltage Booster does the rest. Get your FREE ICE 2316 Voltage Booster only at Gear Campus, that's $275 of value for FREE.
The ICE Ignition 7 AMP 2-STEP Control Box
At the heart of this kit is the ICE Ignition 7062MC Street / Race Series Ignition Control Box. This controller has the following features.
- 128 Pre-programmed ignition curves - The push-button selectable curves enable total timing adjustment in real-time. It eliminates the need for distributor re-graphing when engine upgrades are introduced. It allows you to adjust the total timing for changes in fuel quality.
- Max RPM Rev Limiter - A push-button selectable rev limiter that can be adjusted in 100 RPM increments. It provides great insurance against accidentally over-revving your engine by cutting out the spark at the pre-determined limit.
- 2-Step Rev Limiter - A push-button selectable rev limiter that can be adjusted in 100 RPM increments. The 2-Step only becomes active when 12 volts is applied to the white wire in the ignition wiring loom. When active the 2-Step takes precedence over the Max RPM Rev Limiter. It's ideal if you have a trans brake, launch control or it could be used as a Valet Mode. Just install a hidden switch in the car, when you have to hand your car over to someone else flick the hidden switch on and the 2-Step becomes active.
The ICE Ignition controller must be mounted inside your car. It should not be mounted in your engine bay.
ICE Ignition strongly recommends the use of NON-RESISTOR Spark Plugs. If you require assistance with spark plug selection please call us on 1300 722 580.
Why choose the ICE Ignition 7062MC Kit?
- 128 timing curves provide excellent tuning capability
- Two Rev Limiters - One for launch control and one for over-rev protection
- The "Digital Inductive Spark" technology delivers the most powerful spark and longest duration of any ignition system on the market.
- It's ideal for most street-driven cars and provides great tuneability.
- Push-Button selectable timing makes distributor re-graphs obsolete.
- Push-Button selectable Rev Limiter protects your engine from being accidentally overrevved.
- The 2-STEP Rev Limiter is ideal for cars with a trans-brake or could be used as a launch control or "Valet Mode"
- It can also be used with electronic carburettors that control "Air & Fuel" only.
- More spark means greater tuneability which leads to improved performance.
- Three Year Australian Warranty, made in Melbourne
Our Value-Add Service
Need help with establishing a base tune for your engine? We can help with engine timing (i.e. base timing and curve selection), spark plug selection and spark plug gap for all customers that purchase an ICE Ignition kit through Gear Campus. Please contact us upon ordering your ICE Ignition kit.
What's in the ICE Ignition Kit?
This ignition kit includes the following
- 7062MC Controller - 128 pre-defined push-button selectable timing curves, push-button selectable MAX REV & 2-STEP Rev Limiters.
- 2316 Voltage Booster - Ensures 16 Volts are being delivered to the ignition system at all times
- ICE Ignition Billet Distributor - The ICE Ignition Distributor uses a “Hall Effect Sensor” to communicate with the ICE Control Box. It will not work unless it's connected to an ICE Control Box. Please select the following options:
- Engine Camshaft – This is MOST important, please select the camshaft type from the options list. If you are unsure please call us on 1300 722 580.
- LARGE or SMALL Cap Distributor - A "No Cost" option of a SMALL (4" diameter) or LARGE (5" diameter) Cap Distributor. We always recommend a LARGE Cap Distributor if you have the available space. It uses a Heavier-Duty Rotor Button and the post spacing is further apart reducing the risk of crossfire. If you are unsure please call us 1300 722 580.
- ICE Ignition Pro 100 9 mm Leads / Plug Wires - Please select the following "No Cost" Options:
- ICE Ignition 9HOL806 Pro 100 9 mm finished lead set - Fitment is AROUND THE VALVE COVERS. If a different lead fitment is required please call us.
- ICE Ignition 9MMSTU Pro 100 9 mm DIY set - A partially finished lead set with the spark plug end terminated and the boots fitted. The leads are cut extra-long. Lead crimpers are required, they are available as an option.
- ICE Ignition 4200 Pro Series Race Coil - With twice the energy of a standard coil the ICE Ignition 4200 Coil is the ideal coil for naturally aspirated engines.
- Wiring Loom - The ICE Ignition wiring loom is approximately 2 metres long and is easy to install. The included instructions detail what is required to connect the ICE Ignition system to your car. If you require a longer wiring loom please call us on 1300 722 580.
* You will save money by not having to re-graph your distributor every time you upgrade your engine.
* More spark and duration delivers greater tune-ability leading to improved performance.
* MAP sensor delivers improved fuel economy under cruising conditions.
* Avoid engine pinging scenarios through bad fuel by instantly adjusting your engine's timing.
* Rev limiter provides insurance against over-revving saving you thousands of dollars in unwanted engine repairs.
* Three Year Warranty for street applications, Two Year Warranty for race applications
|Engine Type:||1969-87 Holden 253-308 with EARLY Heads|
|Fuel Delivery:||Carburettor(s) - including Electronic Carburettor(s)|
|Engine Setup:||Naturally Aspirated|
|Controller:||7 AMP 2 STEP|
|Controller Features:||128 curves, 2-Step & Max REV Limiters|
|Wiring Loom:||Included, approx 2 meters|
|Distributor Diameter:||Approx 4"|
|Distributor Triggering:||Hall Effect Sensor|
|Distributor Shaft:||4130 Chromoly|
|Distributor Gear:||SG Iron gear for flat tappet cams|
|Distributor Cap Type:||HEI / MALE Post|
|Dist. Plug Wire Retainer:||Included|
|Spark Plug Boot Type:||Straight Spark Plug Boots|
|Ignition Lead Diameter:||9 mm|
|Coil Type:||ICE Ignition 4200|
|Lead / Plug Wire fitment:||Around valve covers|
|Lead Markers & install tool:||Included|
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Ice ignitionBy: Brian on 3 May 2018Haven't put it in yet but happy with how it looks and customer service is A1 excellent