7 Amp 1 STEP - 69-87 Holden 253 to 308, Carby, N.A.
SMALL or LARGE Distributor, Controller, Leads & Coil
7 AMP 1 STEP Kit - 1969-87 Holden 253 to 308 V8, carburettor, N.A.
This ICE Ignition kit suits the 1969 to 1987 Holden 253 to 308 V8 engines with early heads, a Flat Tappet Camshaft, running a carburettor with no forced induction or nitrous. It is the ideal kit for most street and race engines. If you have a roller cam engine please call us on 1300 722 580.
The ICE Ignition "Digital Inductive Spark" technology delivers the most powerful spark and longest duration of any ignition system on the market. More spark means greater tuneability which ultimately leads to improved performance.
At the heart of this kit is the ICE Ignition 7051MV Street / Race Series Ignition Control Box. This controller has the following features.
- 16 Pre-programmed ignition curves - The push-button selectable curves enables total timing adjustment in real-time. It eliminates the need for distributor re-graphing when engine upgrades are introduced. It allows you to adjust total timing for changes in fuel quality.
- Vacuum Advance Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor - The MAP sensor detects when your engine is cruising and instantly advances timing to deliver improved fuel efficiency. Use of the MAP sensor is optional, it will not impact on the ignition's ability to deliver the maximum spark.
- Single Rev Limiter (1 STEP) - A push-button selectable rev limiter that can be adjusted in 100 RPM increments. It provides great insurance against accidentally over revving your engine by cutting out spark at the pre-determined limit.
The ICE Ignition controller must be mounted inside your car. It should not be mounted in your engine bay.
ICE Ignition strongly recommends the use of NON-RESISTOR Spark Plugs. If you require assistance with spark plug selection please call us on 1300 722 580.
What's in the ICE Ignition Kit?
This ignition kit includes the following
- 7051MV Controller - 16 pre-defined push-button selectable timing curves, Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor and a push-button selectable rev limiter.
- ICE Ignition Billet Distributor - The ICE Ignition Distributor uses a “Hall Effect Sensor” to communicate with the ICE Control Box. It will not work unless it's connected to an ICE Control Box. Please select the following options:
- Engine Camshaft – The is MOST important, please select the camshaft type from the options list. If you are unsure please call us on 1300 722 580.
- LARGE or SMALL Cap Distributor - A "No Cost" option of a SMALL (4" diameter) or LARGE (5" diameter) Cap Distributor. We always recommend a LARGE Cap Distributor if you have the available space. It uses a Heavier-Duty Rotor Button and the post spacing is further apart reducing the risk of crossfire. If you are unsure please call us 1300 722 580.
- ICE Ignition Pro 100 9 mm Leads / Plug Wires - Please select the following "No Cost" Options:
- ICE Ignition 9HOL806 Pro 100 9 mm finished lead set - Fitment is AROUND THE VALVE COVERS. If a different lead fitment is required please call us.
- ICE Ignition 9MMSTU Pro 100 9 mm DIY set - A partially finished lead set with the spark plug end terminated and the boots fitted. The leads are cut extra-long. Lead crimpers are required, they are available as an option.
- ICE Ignition 4200 Pro Series Race Coil - With twice the energy of a standard coil the ICE Ignition 4200 Coil is the ideal coil for naturally aspirated engines.
- Wiring Loom - The ICE Ignition wiring loom is approximately 2 metres long and is easy to install. The included instructions detail what is required to connect the ICE Ignition system to your car. If you require a longer wiring loom please call us on 1300 722 580.
* You will save money by not having to re-graph your distributor every time you upgrade your engine.
* More spark and duration delivers greater tune-ability leading to improved performance.
* MAP sensor delivers improved fuel economy under cruising conditions.
* Avoid engine pinging scenarios through bad fuel by instantly adjusting your engine's timing.
* Rev limiter provides insurance against over-revving saving you thousands of dollars in unwanted engine repairs.
* Three Year Warranty for street applications, Two Year Warranty for race applications
|Engine Type:||Holden 253-308 with EARLY Heads|
|Fuel Delivery:||Carburettor(s) - including Electronic Carburettor(s)|
|Engine Setup:||Naturally Aspirated|
|Controller:||7 AMP 1-STEP|
|Controller Features:||16 curves, MAP Sensor, Rev Limiter|
|Wiring Loom:||Included, approx 2 meters|
|Distributor Diameter:||Approx 4"|
|Distributor Triggering:||Hall Effect Sensor|
|Distributor Shaft:||4130 Chromoly|
|Distributor Gear:||SG Iron Gear for Flat Tappet Cam|
|Distributor Cap Type:||HEI / MALE Post|
|Dist. Plug Wire Retainer:||Included|
|Spark Plug Boot Type:||Straight|
|Ignition Lead Diameter:||9 mm|
|Coil Type:||ICE Ignition 4200 Coil|
|Lead / Plug Wire fitment:||Around valve covers|
|Lead Markers & install tool:||Included|
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
253-308 1 step 7amp ICE ignition kit.By: Martin on 21 August 2018Upon purchase i recieved immeadiate welcome! Not from a automated system but a genuine human being; followed by a call as well, On the other end was a gentleman named Chris, Chris greeted me to the gear campus family and honoured me also for my purchase with them; he went on and initially asked all specification requirements, including posing his own queries as to why i specifically chose what i had; additionally he recommended a alternative that would offer me more range of selection however my application and purpose was purely to gain economical value from a MAP sensor. Chris both confirmed my queries and further returned to me with a ideal advance curve from the selection. He asked those questions to maintain product assurance and all round service quality. Great team at gear campus with impeccable assistance at a awesome resource facility. My cars improvement was easily recognized by its sound,it was also noticable in idle control (immediate or smoothly returning to idle after impulsed acceleration). I'm yet to drive it but i don't doubt it will be full of excitement.