7 Amp 2 STEP Deluxe Ignition Kit - Chev SB 283 to 400 V8
Deluxe Kit Includes ICE 2316 Voltage Booster
7 AMP 2 STEP DELUXE Ignition Kit - Chev Small Block 283 to 400, N.A.
This ICE Ignition kit is for the Chevrolet Small Block V8 engines running a carburettor with no forced induction or nitrous. It is the ideal kit for most street and race engines.
The ICE Ignition "Digital Inductive Spark" technology delivers the most powerful spark and longest duration of any ignition system on the market. More spark means greater tuneability which ultimately leads to improved performance.
ICE IGNITION DELUXE KIT - Includes ICE 2316 Voltage Booster
Included with our ICE Ignition Kits to suit Carburettored engines is the ICE Ignition 2316 Voltage Booster. Capable of delivering 16 volts regardless of the quality of your car's electrical system the ICE Ignition 2316 Voltage Booster is a simple "Plug & Play" device. Just plug it into the ICE Ignition wiring loom and the Voltage Booster does the rest.
The ICE Ignition 7 AMP DELUXE Street Kit with ICE 2316 Voltage Booster ensures 16 volts are being supplied to the ignition system at all times. With 16 volts on tap at all times, this also ensures the broadest tuning window for your engine. The ICE 2316 Voltage Booster ensures maximum spark is being delivered to the spark plug whilst opening up more tuning options via the ICE Ignition 7 AMP Series Control Box
The ICE Ignition 7 AMP 2-STEP Control Box
At the heart of this kit is the ICE Ignition 7062MC Street / Race Series Ignition Control Box. This controller has the following features
- 128 Pre-programmed ignition curves - The push-button selectable curves enable total timing adjustment in real-time. It eliminates the need for distributor re-graphing when engine upgrades are introduced. It allows you to adjust the total timing for changes in fuel quality.
- Max RPM Rev Limiter - A push-button selectable rev limiter that can be adjusted in 100 RPM increments. It provides great insurance against accidentally over-revving your engine by cutting out the spark at the pre-determined limit.
- 2-Step Rev Limiter - A push-button selectable rev limiter that can be adjusted in 100 RPM increments. The 2-Step only becomes active when 12 volts is applied to the white wire in the ignition wiring loom. When active the 2-Step takes precedence over the Max RPM Rev Limiter. It's ideal if you have a trans brake, launch control or it could be used as a Valet Mode. Just install a hidden switch in the car, when you have to hand your car over to someone else flick the hidden switch on and the 2-Step becomes active.
The ICE Ignition controller must be mounted inside your car. It should not be mounted in your engine bay.
ICE Ignition strongly recommends the use of NON-RESISTOR Spark Plugs. If you require assistance please call us on 1300 722 580.
Why choose the ICE Ignition 7062MC Kit?
- 128 timing curves provide excellent tuning capability
- Two Rev Limiters - One for launch control and one for over-rev protection
- The "Digital Inductive Spark" technology delivers the most powerful spark and longest duration of any ignition system on the market.
- It's ideal for most street-driven cars and provides great tuneability.
- Push-Button selectable timing makes distributor re-graphs obsolete.
- Push-Button selectable Rev Limiter protects your engine from being accidentally overrevved.
- The 2-STEP Rev Limiter is ideal for cars with a trans-brake or could be used as a launch control or "Valet Mode"
- It can also be used with electronic carburettors that control "Air & Fuel" only.
- More spark means greater tuneability which leads to improved performance.
- Three Year Australian Warranty, made in Melbourne
Our Value-Add Service
Need help with establishing a base tune for your engine? We can help with engine timing (i.e. base timing and curve selection), spark plug selection and spark plug gap for all customers that purchase an ICE Ignition kit through Gear Campus. Please contact us upon ordering your ICE Ignition kit.
What's in the ICE Ignition Kit?
This ignition kit includes the following
- 7062MC Controller - 128 pre-defined push-button selectable timing curves, push-button selectable MAX REV & 2-STEP Rev Limiters.
- 2316 Voltage Booster - Ensures 16 Volts are being delivered to the ignition system at all times
- ICE Ignition Billet Distributor - The ICE Ignition Distributor uses a “Hall Effect Sensor” to communicate with the ICE Control Box. It will not work unless it's connected to an ICE Control Box. Please select the following options:
- Engine Camshaft – This is MOST important, please select the camshaft type from the options list. If you are unsure please call us on 1300 722 580.
- LARGE or SMALL Cap Distributor - A "No Cost" option of a SMALL (4" diameter) or LARGE (5" diameter) Cap Distributor. We always recommend a LARGE Cap Distributor if you have the available space. It uses a Heavier-Duty Rotor Button and the post spacing is further apart reducing the risk of crossfire. If you are unsure please call us 1300 722 580.
- ICE Ignition Pro 100 9 mm Leads / Plug Wires - Please select the following "No Cost" Options:
- ICE Ignition 9CHE809 Pro 100 9 mm finished lead set - Fitment is UNDER THE EXHAUST. If a different lead fitment is required please call us.
- ICE Ignition 9MM90U Pro 100 9 mm DIY set - A partially finished lead set with the spark plug end terminated and the boots fitted. The leads are cut extra-long. Lead crimpers are required, they are available as an option.
- ICE Ignition 4200 Pro Series Race Coil - With twice the energy of a standard coil the ICE Ignition 4200 Coil is the ideal coil for naturally aspirated engines.
- Wiring Loom - The ICE Ignition wiring loom is approximately 2 metres long and is easy to install. The included instructions detail what is required to connect the ICE Ignition system to your car. If you require a longer wiring loom please call us on 1300 722 580.
* You will save money by not having to re-graph your distributor every time you upgrade your engine.
* More spark and duration delivers greater tune-ability leading to improved performance.
* MAP sensor delivers improved fuel economy under cruising conditions.
* Avoid engine pinging scenarios through bad fuel by instantly adjusting your engine's timing.
* Rev limiter provides insurance against over-revving saving you thousands of dollars in unwanted engine repairs.
* Three Year Warranty for street applications, Two Year Warranty for race applications
|Engine Type:||Chevrolet Small Block 283 to 400|
|Fuel Delivery:||Carburettor(s) - including Electronic Carburettor(s)|
|Engine Setup:||Naturally Aspirated|
|Controller:||7 AMP 2 STEP|
|Controller Features:||128 curves, 2-Step & Max REV Limiters|
|Wiring Loom:||Included, approx 2 meters long|
|Distributor Diameter:||Approx 4"|
|Distributor Triggering:||Hall Effect Sensor|
|Distributor Shaft:||4130 Chromoly|
|Distributor Gear:||SG Iron gear for Flat Tappet Cam|
|Distributor Cap Type:||HEI / MALE Post|
|Dist. Plug Wire Retainer:||Included|
|Spark Plug Boot Type:||90 Degree Boot|
|Ignition Lead Diameter:||9 mm|
|Coil Type:||ICE Ignition 4200 Coil|
|Lead / Plug Wire fitment:||Under the Exhaust|
|Lead Markers & install tool:||Included|
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Gear Campus Pty. Ltd. users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.